Work with Us!
Come join a small but committed team working to address the greatest threats to human health. We are looking for passionate, professional, progressive people to fill following positions:
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Terms: Part Time, pro-rated benefits
Reports to: Executive Director, WPSR
Location: Seattle, WA (University District)
Posted: June 19, 2019:
The Operations Coordinator supports the office administration and programmatic operations of Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility (WPSR), a statewide nonprofit organization headquartered in Seattle’s University District. The Operations Coordinator is an integral part of our small, dedicated team and our mission to engage the community to create a healthy, peaceful and sustainable world. Our work focuses on preventing the major threats to human health, including nuclear war, climate change, and economic inequity. For more information, visit www.wpsr.org.
Primary Job Responsibilities
· Manage the office’s administrative, operational, communications and technology systems
· Update and maintain membership, task force, donor and other databases
· Assist with planning, organization and execution of events, including a major annual fundraiser
· Draft, design and publish marketing materials including web content, social media posts, member emails, newsletters, print publications and other materials
· Coordinate mailings to WPSR members
· Manage inventory of office supplies
· Check mail, answer the phone and respond to voicemail and email inquiries
· Assist with scheduling of and preparation for meetings and events
· Participate in staff meetings and other team/organizational activities and events
· Other duties, as assigned!
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Resourcefulness, initiative and ability to work independently
· Proactive approach to identifying and addressing organizational and administrative needs
· Experience with common office software such as Microsoft Office and the suite of Google apps
· Experience using and posting to common social media sites
· Honest, ethical, respectful, responsible, and reliable!
· Experience working in a nonprofit setting
· Strong assessment and problem-solving skills
· Natural inclination and ability to find ways to work smarter and not harder
· Familiarity with Salesforce, MailChimp, and Squarespace
· Comfort with assessing, learning and implementing new technology
· Interest or knowledge in any of WPSR’s main program areas (nuclear disarmament, climate change, and income inequity) and/or demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity
Hours, Pay & Benefits
· Hours: 20 hours/week, schedule flexible between weekday hours of 9 AM and 5 PM
· Pay: $17-$20/hour, DOE
· Benefits: Pro-rated benefits (sick leave, vacation, medical) are available for employees working at least 20 hours/week
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter indicating your interest in the position to: email@example.com. Please put “Operations Coordinator” in the subject of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, beginning July 1, 2019. No phone calls please.
We seek to recruit and retain talented applicants from a diverse candidate pool. We especially welcome applicants who support our organization’s core values: science, sustainability, compassion, peace, justice, and equity.
WPSR provides equal employment opportunities with no discrimination against any individual with respect to compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Thank you for your interest! To learn more about our organization, please visit www.wpsr.org.