Join us as we celebrate the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, for their receipt of the Nobel Peace Prize and for successfully passing the UN Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.
Enjoy the evening with light food and drinks, talks from local leaders, and music from the Seattle Peace Chorus Action Ensemble and Marcia and Mrs. Takamura, on koto.
Speakers include: Michael Ramos, Executive Director of Church Council of Greater Seattle
Kim Nesselquist, Consul of Norway in Seattle
Bruce Amundson, President of Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility
Stan Shikuma, with Seattle Kokon Taiko
Sponsored by Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility, the Washington Coalition to Stop the New Nuclear Arms Race, and Sons of Norway.
Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Program runs 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Partner events are happening in Olympia, Tacoma, Spokane, Bellingham, and Port Angeles. See more information below.
- Olympia: The Olympia Coalition to Abolish Nuclear Weapons is hosting a celebration at 3pm on Dec 10th, at the Museum Coach House, 211 21st Ave SW. They are also organizing highly visible banner drops at multiple locations leading up to the event. For more information, contact Tim Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tacoma: Tacoma Fellowship of Reconciliation is hosting a celebration at 4pm on Dec 10th, at the Friends Meeting-House, 2508 S. 39th Street. They'll have food, drinks, and members of the Tacoma Refugee Choir. For more information, contact Susan Donaldson at email@example.com
- Spokane: Pax Christi Spokane, Veterans for Peace Spokane, and Peace and Justice Action League of Spokane are hosting an event on Dec 10th at 1:30pm, at 25 W Main St, 3rd Floor, Saranac Building. There will be light refreshments, speakers from the community, and an open mic to share experiences working to ban the bomb!
- Bellingham: Local peace groups are gathering at 12:30pm on December 10th. Join them to view a video of the Peace Ceremony and take action by contacting your members of Congress. For more information, contact Nick Mele at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Port Angeles: Olympic Peninsula Progressives are meeting at 1pm on December 10th at the Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St. They'll have a panel of anti-nuclear weapons activists from Ground Zero Center for Nonviolent Action, and videos from Beatrice Finh and Setsuko Thurlow! For more information, contact OlyPenPro@gmail.com
- Poulsbo: West Sound for Social Justice, Free Range Films and The Ground Zero Center for Nonviolent Action are partnering to present a community screening of Scarred Lands & Wounded Lives:The Enviornmental Footprint of War. This free community screening will be held on Sunday, December 10 at 3:00 p.m. at the The Ground Zero Center for Nonviolent Action, 16159 Clear Creek Rd NW, Poulsbo, WA 98370. Seating is limited; please RSVP at email@example.com.