Join us as we celebrate the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, for their receipt of the Nobel Peace Prize and for successfully passing the UN Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.
Enjoy the evening with light food and drinks, talks from local leaders and music from the Seattle Peace Chorus.
Sponsored by Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility, the Washington Coalition to Stop the New Nuclear Arms Race, and Sons of Norway.
Doors open at 6 p.m. Program runs 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Partner events are happening in Olympia, Tacoma, Spokane, Bellingham, and Port Angeles. See below for more information.
- Olympia: The Olympia Coalition to Abolish Nuclear Weapons is organizing a house party on December 10th, and highly visible banner drops at multiple locations leading up to the event. For more information, contact Tim Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tacoma: Tacoma Fellowship of Reconciliation is hosting a celebration at 4pm on Dec 10th, at the Friends Meeting-House, 2508 S. 39th Street. They'll have food, drinks, and members of the Tacoma Refugee Choir. For more information, contact Susan Donaldson at email@example.com
- Spokane: Pax Christi Spokane, Veterans for Peace Spokane, and Peace and Justice Action League of Spokane are hosting an event to celebrate from 1-4pm at 25 W Main Street. For more information, contact Hollis Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Edwards at email@example.com.
- Bellingham: Local peace groups are gathering at 12:30pm on December 10th. Join them to view a video of the Peace Ceremony and take action by contacting your members of Congress. For more information, contact Nick Mele at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Port Angeles: Olympic Peninsula Progressives are meeting at 1pm on December 10th at the Port Angeles Library, 2210 S. Peabody St. They'll be celebrating with videos from Beatrice Finh and Setsuko Thurlow, and taking action! For more information, contact OlyPenPro@gmail.com