In these times when we can so easily feel overwhelmed by escalating white supremacy, violence, attacks on immigrants, communities of color, and the LGBTQ community, and policies that hurt our families and communities, it can be easy to forget that the cure for despair and the weapon against fear is organizing. We must come together around our shared values, and tap into our love for each other and our deep and righteous outrage.
To win the changes we want, we must go beyond any particular march, demonstration, or action and think in terms of campaigns: a series of organized, planned actions, strategies and tactics that build community power and increase pressure on decision-makers or mobilize voters.
You will learn:
· Anatomy of successful campaigns
· Organizing tactics to increase pressure on a decision-maker
· The power of coalitions that center communities of color and other impacted communities, and are accountable to these communities
· How to develop action plans
· Key steps to mobilize people
This interactive workshop will be led by Liz Moore of the Peace and Justice Action League of Spokane and Rowena Pineda, People's Action Institute Board Member.
Registration fee (includes snacks and packet of workshop materials):
· $25 per person
· $15 Living lightly
· Scholarships are available on a case-by-case basis. To request, contact Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org.